- Christina T. Kline, Dr. Demosthenes Lorandos, of the Lorandos Joshi law firm, and Dr. Michael Spence, are featured as the cover story in the NACDL magazine, The Champion, Jan/Feb 2015 with the article - 'If DNA, Then Guilty': Strategies for Overcoming Juror Assumptions About DNA Evidence in Criminal Trials. Click Here to Read Article
- Ashish Joshi was featured in Ingham County Legal news discussing the recent 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals decision overturning the convictions of two Wall Street traders, Anthony Chiasson and Todd Newman. Click Here to Read Article
- Andrew Bossory was featured in Washtenaw Legal News' Monday Profile. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi was featured in Washtenaw Legal News to discuss his recent book contract signed with the American Bar Association. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi is featured in the Texarkana Gazette following the Jon Stover trial. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is named to the American Bar Association's Diversity Leaders Academy for 2014-2016 Click here to read article
- AUDIO DATE: 7/28/2014
Ashish Joshi is featured on the Lucy Ann Lance Show to talk about the firm and his practice areas. Click here to listen to Audio
- Andy Bossory is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Mathis, in regards to a recent Supreme Court opinion, Riley v. California.Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Matthis, after the May 2014 India elections. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi was featured in Washtenaw County Legal News for hosting the ABA's Litigation Section Meet & Greet. Click here to read article
- Dr. Lorandos is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Mathis, after winning three not guilty verdicts for a Texas client. Click here to read article
- Christina Kline is featured in the Washtenaw County Legal News' Monday Profile. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi was featured in Washtenaw County Legal News for hosting a celebration for its first year at their new location. Click here to read article
- Attorney Ashish Joshi, managing partner of the law firm Lorandos Joshi, has been elected to the Board of Directors of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Click here to read article
- Demosthenes Lorandos is interviewed by the Oakland County Legal News regarding the use of Behavioral Sciences in legal cases. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is interviewed by the Washtenaw Legal News about the increased use of "Blue Collar" tactics in prosecuting"White Collar" crime. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is interviewed by the Detroit Legal News about the growing practice of Cross Boarder Litigation. Click here to read article
- Dr. Lorandos is featured in an article by salon.com about defending child abuse cases. Click here to read article
Ashish S. Joshi will make a presentation at the ABA's National Institute of Securities Fraud at the Ritz-Carlton on October 16, 2009. Click here for details.
Highly Favorable Settlement for Lorandos Joshi' Client in a High-Profile Trade Secret Dispute
Lorandos Joshi recently settled a transnational trade secret case on highly favorable terms for its client, an Indian corporation with subsidiaries in the U.S. and the U.K. client sued a well known U.S. corporation with subsidiaries in several countries and its top management in a federal district court in the United States. Lorandos Joshi's client alleged that the defendants poached key employees from its India office and stole trade secrets and other proprietary information. The defendant multinational and its top executives retained a well known East coast law firm.
Over the course of this litigation, attorneys gave the powerhouse East coast firm a run for its money and engaged in a knock-down, drag-out fight over depositions in the U.S. and in New Delhi, India, motion practice, electronic discovery, and forensic analysis of computers and servers situated in a foreign jurisdiction. With law enforcement agencies and media in the U.S. and in India watching closely over this litigation, the defendants settled. Although the terms of the settlement are confidential, it is fair to say that the offer was too good for our client to pass up.
Local attorneys stated they had never seen a similar case won in more than 30 years of practice in the area.
The case involved charges of healthcare fraud and sexual misconduct leveled against a Muslim dentist in a conservative Midwestern state. But aggressive tactics beat the odds. Click here to learn more.
Lorandos Joshi attorney Ashish S. Joshi was recently invited to make a presentation to a prominent Michigan law firm on the topic of Internal Investigations and the Role of Company Counsel.
Attorney Ashish S. Joshi recently traveled to New Delhi, India to cover depositions in a theft of trade secrets case.
Lorandos Joshi attorney Ashish S. Joshi recently gave a presentation to the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce on the topic of protection of trade secrets.
For a consultation with Lorandos Joshi, call 734-545-2919 or send the firm an e-mail.
Lorandos, D. and Bone, M.J. Child Custody Evaluation in. in Morewitz, S.J and Goldstein, M. [Eds.] (in press, 2014) Handbook of Child Custody Evaluations, Springer, New York
Ashish Joshi, Rich Ain't A Crime! Defending Masters Of The Universe in White-Collar Cases, Westlaw Journal, August 2013
Demosthenes Lorandos, Managing Clients in Life-Threatening Litigation, Litigation, Volume 39, Number 3, Summer 2013
Ashish Joshi, Defending Masters of the Universe in White-Collar Cases, Litigation, Volume 39, Number 3, Summer 2013. © 2013 by the American Bar Association
Lorandos, D., Bernet, W. and Sauber, R. [Eds.] (2013), Parental Alienation: Handbook for Mental Health and Legal Professionals, Springfield, Illinois, Charles C. Thomas Publisher, Ltd.
Lorandos, D., Parental Alienation in Morewitz, S.J and Goldstein, M. [Eds.] (2013), The Handbook of Forensic Psychology and Forensic Sociology, Springer, New York.
Ashish Joshi, A Primer for the Alien Tort Claims Act, Business Torts Litigation Committee, May 2012
Ashish Joshi, Fighting blue collar tactics in a white collar world, Washtenaw County Legal News, January 2012
Lorandos, D. (2012) Understanding the Benefits and Challenges in Inside the Minds: Utilizing Forensic Science in Criminal Cases. Aspatore Books, Egan, Minnesota
Andrew M. Bossory, Punitive Damages and Intentional Interference with a Contractual Relationship, Business Torts Journal, Summer 2011
Demosthenes Lorandos, Saving Tonya Craft: An Integration of Science and Law - 35 Champion -- The Journal of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, January/February 2011
Ashish Joshi, Taint Hearing: Scientific And Legal Underpinnings, The Champion, November 2010
Ashish Joshi, RICO and the Theft of Trade Secrets, Business Torts Journal, Fall 2010
Ashish Joshi, Cross-Border Investigations: Key Issues, ABA’s National Institute on Securities Fraud, 2009.
Ashish Joshi, Corporate Miranda: Clarifying Lawyers' Loyalty During An Internal Investigation, Business Law Today, September - October 2009
Ashish Joshi, Britain's Fight Against The 'Silver Lance': A Radical Overhaul of the U.K.'s Bribery Laws, The Champion, February 2009
Ashish Joshi, Clawback Agreements in Commercial Litigation: Can You Unring A Bell?, Michigan Bar Journal, December 2008
Ashish Joshi, Mergers and Acquisitions in India: A Primer, Michigan Business Law Journal, Summer 2008
Ashish Joshi, Corporate Counsel, Internal Investigation and the Government Investigation: A Brief Primer in Making Your Way Through a Potential Minefield, Committee on Business and Corporate Litigation Newsletter, Fall 2007.
Ashish Joshi, Corporate Criminal Liability in India, Mich. Int'l Law., 19, Fall 2007.
Demosthenes Lorandos and Ashish Joshi, Is That What I Meant? Litigating Intent in White Collar Crime, The Champion, Sept./Oct. 2007.
Ashish Joshi, An End to "Backseat Driving"? The Thompson Memorandum and Government Tactics in White-Collar Crime Investigation and Prosecution, Mich. Bus. Law, 37, Spring 2007.
Ashish Joshi, Third-Party Beneficiaries in Construction Litigation, in-house briefing paper, Dec. 2006.
Ashish Joshi, Changes in India's Patent Law and its Repercussions on the Global Drug Industry, Mich. Int'l Law., 16, Fall 2005.
Ashish Joshi, In the Shadows: The Business Judgment Rule Amid the Recent Corporate Scandals, Mich. Bus. Law, 19, Fall 2005.
Ashish Joshi, Demosthenes Lorandos, Applying Revised MRE 702 & 703 to Administrative Hearings, Mich. Law. Wkly., June 27, 2005.