In June, 2015, Ashish Joshi was elected as one of the Representative for Circuit 22, Washtenaw County, to the Michigan State Bar Representative Assembly.
In May, 2015 Ashish Joshi was named Executive Editor of the prestigious ABA publication, Litigation.
In April, 2015, Dr. Demosthenes Lorandos presented "The Law and Detection of Deception" to the American College of Forensic Psychology in San Diego, California. He also participated in the Mock Trial presentation as the Judge.
In February, 2015, Ashish Joshi presented Regulatory Environment Affecting Partnering: "Nothing either good or bad", UIA's 10th Annual Winter Seminar in Breckenridge, Colorado.
Christina T. Kline, Dr. Demosthenes Lorandos, of the Lorandos Joshi law firm, and Dr. Michael Spence, are featured as the cover story in the NACDL magazine, The Champion, Jan/Feb 2015 with the article - 'If DNA, Then Guilty': Strategies for Overcoming Juror Assumptions About DNA Evidence in Criminal Trials. Click Here to Read Article
- Ashish Joshi was featured in Ingham County Legal news discussing the recent 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals decision overturning the convictions of two Wall Street traders, Anthony Chiasson and Todd Newman. Click Here to Read Article
- Andrew Bossory was featured in Washtenaw Legal News' Monday Profile.
- Ashish Joshi was featured in Washtenaw Legal News to discuss his recent book contract signed with the American Bar Association. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi is featured in the Texarkana Gazette following the Jon Stover trial. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is named to the American Bar Association's Diversity Leaders Academy for 2014-2016 Click here to read article
- AUDIO DATE: 7/28/2014
Ashish Joshi is featured on the Lucy Ann Lance Show to talk about the firm and his practice areas.Click here to listen to Audio
- Andy Bossory is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Mathis, in regards to a recent Supreme Court opinion, Riley v. California. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Matthis, after the May 2014 India elections. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi was featured in Washtenaw County Legal News for hosting the ABA's Litigation Section Meet & Greet. Click here to read article
- Dr. Lorandos is featured in Asked & Answered, a column in the Washtenaw County Legal News written by Jo Mathis, after winning three not guilty verdicts for a Texas client. Click here to read article
- Christina Kline is featured in the Washtenaw County Legal News' Monday Profile. Click here to read article
- Lorandos Joshi was featured in Washtenaw County Legal News for hosting a celebration for its first year at their new location. Click here to read article
- Attorney Ashish Joshi, managing partner of the law firm Lorandos Joshi, has been elected to the Board of Directors of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Click here to read article
- Demosthenes Lorandos is interviewed by the Oakland County Legal News regarding the use of Behavioral Sciences in legal cases. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is interviewed by the Washtenaw Legal News about the increased use of "Blue Collar" tactics in prosecuting"White Collar" crime. Click here to read article
- Ashish Joshi is interviewed by the Detroit Legal News about the growing practice of Cross Boarder Litigation. Click here to read article
- Dr. Lorandos is featured in an article by salon.com about defending child abuse cases. Click here to read article
Ashish S. Joshi will make a presentation at the ABA's National Institute of Securities Fraud at the Ritz-Carlton on October 16, 2009.
Highly Favorable Settlement for Lorandos Joshi Client in a High-Profile Trade Secret Dispute
Lorandos Joshi recently settled a transnational trade secret case on highly favorable terms for its client, an Indian corporation with subsidiaries in the U.S. and the U.K. client sued a well known U.S. corporation with subsidiaries in several countries and its top management in a federal district court in the United States. Lorandos Joshi's client alleged that the defendants poached key employees from its India office and stole trade secrets and other proprietary information. The defendant multinational and its top executives retained a well known East coast law firm.
Over the course of this litigation, attorneys gave the powerhouse East coast firm a run for its money and engaged in a knock-down, drag-out fight over depositions in the U.S. and in New Delhi, India, motion practice, electronic discovery, and forensic analysis of computers and servers situated in a foreign jurisdiction. With law enforcement agencies and media in the U.S. and in India watching closely over this litigation, the defendants settled. Although the terms of the settlement are confidential, it is fair to say that the offer was too good for our client to pass up.
Local attorneys stated they had never seen a similar case won in more than 30 years of practice in the area.
The case involved charges of healthcare fraud and sexual misconduct leveled against a Muslim dentist in a conservative Midwestern state. But aggressive tactics beat the odds.
Lorandos Joshi attorney Ashish S. Joshi was recently invited to make a presentation to a prominent Michigan law firm on the topic of Internal Investigations and the Role of Company Counsel.
Attorney Ashish S. Joshi recently traveled to New Delhi, India to cover depositions in a theft of trade secrets case.
Lorandos Joshi attorney Ashish S. Joshi recently gave a presentation to the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce on the topic of protection of trade secrets.
For a consultation with Lorandos Joshi, call 734-249-6170 or send the firm an e-mail.